HFD: Man entered fumigated house in McCully

Local News

A chemical scare in a McCully neighborhood prompted the Honolulu Fire Department to respond.

Officials say a man entered a fumigated house on Malanai Street Tuesday night.

Officials say the man asked his landlord if he could go in the home to use the restroom.

But when the man did not come out of the home, the landlord called for help.

When firefighters arrived at the scene, they found the man on the couch.

He was checked out by Emergency Medical Services officials and was not seriously affected by the toxic fumes.

He was seen talking to emergency responders at the scene.

The Honolulu Fire Department wants to remind the public about the dangers of entering a fumigated home.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories