HONOLULU (KHON2) — Firefighters extinguished an electric signboard fire located at a single-story, strip mall in Honolulu on Saturday, Sept. 11.
The Honolulu Fire Department (HFD) reported they received a 911 call at 9 a.m. regarding a possible building fire at 1714 Kapiolani Blvd in Honolulu. Firefighters arrived at the scene at 9:04 a.m. and noticed light smoke coming from the rear roofline of the building.
On the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
According to HFD, firefighters conducted a search to find the source of the smoke. HFD said they discovered a “smoldering fire” coming from the building’s parapet area, as well as a businesses’ electric signboard.
The blaze was fully extinguished at approximately 9:27 a.m., HFD said. The sign and roofing materials were also removed in order for firefighters to locate and extinguish any hidden fire or hot spots.
Interested in jewelry heists gone wrong, other strange news? Check out Weird News
HFD reported no injuries.