HONOLUU (KHON2) — Hawaii’s Ki’ilani Arruda has been crowned as Miss Teen USA 2020.
Arruda, of Kapa’a, beat out 50 other contestants on Nov. 7 to claim the crown. She becomes the second Hawaii representative in history to win the competition.
The event was held at Elvis Presley’s Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee.
Arruda won the Miss Teen Hawaii competition last November at the Hawaii Convention Center. She is a freshman at the University of Puget Sound in Washington where she is studying molecular and cellular biology.
The last person from Hawaii to win the title of Miss Teen USA was actress Kelly Hu, in 1985.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Hawaii Rainbow Wahine volleyball team make history
- ‘Just hit so close to home’ UNLV students from Hawaii describe the chaos on campus
- Light and variable winds to replace trade winds through Saturday
- Missing hiker found dead on Ohana-Mahalo trails in Waimanalo
- Another earthquake shakes Big Island; No tsunami threat to Hawaii