HONOLULU (KHON2) — An unruly Hawaiian Airlines passenger was restrained after attempting to open the aircraft exit doors on a Honolulu-bound flight from Los Angeles on Oct. 28.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Flight HA3, carrying 194 passengers and 11 crewmembers, landed safely in Honolulu around 1 p.m. where law enforcement officials met the plane upon arrival.
According to the Airlines, the individual was restrained by Hawaiian Airlines crewmembers and an off-duty law enforcement officer after a failed attempt at opening the cabin exit doors.
Hawaiian Airlines says that cabin doors are designed so they cannot be opened during a flight.
Hawaiian is cooperating with authorities in their investigation.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Trade winds ease off to make way for light and variables
- Testing incoming travelers on Big Island may end this year if there’s no funding
- After several delays, Kealohas to be sentenced Monday
- Potential thunderstorms for east end of state
- Decision anticipated soon on Hawaii football’s game against San Jose State