HONOLULU (KHON2) — After days of wet and cloudy weather, Hawaii skies will open up for a clear view of the full moon on Saturday, Oct. 31.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
It will be the second full moon this month. The first was on Oct. 1.
This second full moon is a Halloween Blue Moon. It is also called the Hunter’s Moon because it usually occurs in October, the month when traditionally game was fattened and preparations for winter began.
Weather conditions will be ideal in Hawaii with cloud coverage at 40% and rain chances at only 22% on Saturday night.
The moon will be full starting at 4:49 a.m. on Saturday.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Social Scene: Ken Jennings to guest host Jeopardy
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says
- LIVE: Biden, Harris formally introduce national security team
- National Thanksgiving Turkey pardoning to take place at White House