HONOKAA, Hawaii (KHON2) — The Hawaii County Fire Department extinguished a residential structure fire at 44-2428 Kalaniai Road Tuesday afternoon.
Official reports indicate the fire was reported at 11:30 a.m. and contained before 1 p.m.
Upon arrival, responding personnel found the single-story trailer-type structure fully engulfed in flames.
After firefighters extinguished the flames, a severely burnt body was discovered in the remnants.
The cause of the fire is currently under investigation.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Department of Health State Laboratory confirms new variant in Hawaii
- Feb. 26: A bill to raise Hawaii’s minimum wage is now headed to a vote before the full Senate
- 16-year-old reigning state wrestling champ Victoria Lee successfully makes pro debut with second round submission
- Strong and gusty trade winds will continue through the weekend
- Newsfeed Now: Renewed push in Congress for LGBTQ civil rights protections; Potato Head maker says it’s keeping ‘Mr.’ and ‘Mrs.’