HONOLULU (KHON2) — A man is in police custody in connection to an attempted murder case in the Haleiwa area.
The case stems from an incident that happened on January 10, around 6:30 a.m.
According to the Honolulu Police Department, a 47-year-old man was trying to kill his 39-year-old girlfriend by “restricting her breathing.” Police did not disclose details of the act.
Police later located the man and arrested him for attempted murder in the second-degree around 8:30 a.m.
He remains in police custody, pending investigation.
- Tropical moisture to drift over the islands, potential heavy showers
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion
- Hawaii Nature Center celebrates 40th anniversary with keiki expedition
- UH women’s basketball handles CSUF to complete sweep
- Swimmer drowns in Lekeleke Bay on Hawaii Island