HONOLULU (KHON2) — Governor Ige has chosen someone to fill the seat left vacant by the death of state Senator Breene Harimoto.
Bennette Misalucha was appointed to the seat that covers Pearl City, Aiea through Halawa.
A former vice president at Central Pacific Bank, Misalucha owns a business strategy and communications company. In addition to her other professional endeavors, she also worked as a reporter, writer and news producer at KHON Channel 2 News and in the Philippines.
She still needs to be qualified by the senate before taking office.
Harimoto died June 18, 2020 after a long battle with cancer.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers
- Isolate, test, self-trace ways to crush COVID beyond the mask, hand washing and distancing