The declaration aims to provide relief for disaster damage, losses, and suffering and serves to protect the health, safety, and welfare of Kauai residents.
It also implements emergency management functions as allowed by law and authorizes the expenditure of state funds as appropriated for the quick and efficient relief of damage and losses that have resulted from the floods.
The governor issued the initial emergency proclamation on April 21, 2020.
This supplementary emergency proclamation is effective through Aug. 19, 2020.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- ChatGPT given the ability to talk
- Rosen becomes fourth vulnerable Democratic senator to demand Menendez resign
- It’s National Pancake Day: The world loves this griddled cake
- Fellow New Jersey Sen. Booker calls for Menendez to step down
- Vulnerable Democrats Tester and Casey to donate money they took from Menendez