HONOLULU (KHON2) – City and County of Honolulu officials were made aware of a giant trampoline on the Stairway to Heaven, otherwise known as the Haiku Stairs, trail on Thursday, July 30.
Multiple social media posts went viral showing hikers on a trampoline on top of the trail.
“This is not only irresponsible and dangerous, it’s also illegal,” wrote a city representative in a statement. “The individuals pictured are not only putting their own lives at risk, but could also be endangering the lives of the first responders who would be called if something went wrong.”
City officials say that they will be contacting the people that posted the photos of the trampoline.
The city says that it is requesting for the illegal structure and the social media content to be taken down. However, officials add that it appears that the social media accounts connected to this have been deactivated and that the structure was removed.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Breezy trades on tap for the islands this weekend
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers