HONOLULU (KHON2) — A former HPD officer accused of groping a teenager during a traffic stop six years ago is going to jail for two weeks.
Kramer Aoki pleaded no contest in March to misdemeanor sexual assault.
A state judge handed Aoki the 14-day jail term on Tuesday, Oct. 13, and ordered him to pay $230 in court fees.
Aoki has until next January to serve his jail term.
The judge is also giving Aoki the opportunity to avoid conviction and have the charge erased from his record if he stays out of trouble for a year.
HPD says Aoki was discharged in 2015 with six years of service.
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story contained incorrect information about the officer’s plea. He pleaded no contest, and the story has been corrected.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- 2020 MAMo Wearable Art Show
- 14-year-old boy in serious condition after stabbing in Honolulu
- Wet’n’Wild Hawaii to install thousands of solar panels
- Renewed calls for Gov. Ige to issue a statewide mask mandate
- ‘The spirit of Halloween should still be there’: Neighbor islands adapt to festivities amid pandemic