HONOLULU (KHON2) — The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a flood advisory for Oahu until 3:30 p.m. Sunday.
- At 12:34 p.m., radar indicated heavy rain near Waialua.
Rain was falling at a rate of 1 to 2 inches per hour.
- Locations in the advisory include but are not limited to Schofield Barracks, Waianae, Wheeler Field, Waialua, Lualualei, Whitmore Village, Dillingham Field, Mokuleia, Maili, Kaena State Park, Makua Valley and Makaha.
Stay away from streams, drainage ditches and low lying areas prone to flooding.
Rainfall and runoff will also cause hazardous driving conditions due to ponding, reduced visibility and poor braking action.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle, or on foot. Turn around, don’t drown.
- Breonna Taylor signwaving held at State Capitol
- Laie’s Wayne Taulapapa scores two touchdowns in season-opening win for Virginia
- Yakiniku Don Day cited after violating city’s emergency order
- Coronavirus: Four deaths, 127 new COVID-19 cases on Sept. 26
- No. 13 UCF overcomes slow start as Mililani’s Dillon Gabriel tosses 4 touchdowns in 51-28 rout over East Carolina