HONOLULU (KHON2) — The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a flood advisory for Oahu until 3:30 p.m. Sunday.
- At 12:34 p.m., radar indicated heavy rain near Waialua.
Rain was falling at a rate of 1 to 2 inches per hour.
- Locations in the advisory include but are not limited to Schofield Barracks, Waianae, Wheeler Field, Waialua, Lualualei, Whitmore Village, Dillingham Field, Mokuleia, Maili, Kaena State Park, Makua Valley and Makaha.
Stay away from streams, drainage ditches and low lying areas prone to flooding.
Rainfall and runoff will also cause hazardous driving conditions due to ponding, reduced visibility and poor braking action.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle, or on foot. Turn around, don’t drown.
- Heavy rain and gusty trade winds return to the islands this weekend
- Family dog joins boy in timeout
- Wedding, prom and party favor businesses warn to buy early amid coronavirus closures in China
- 9th Island Nightlife — February 27th
- Coronavirus disrupting Coca-Cola supply chain