LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) — UPDATE 2:24 p.m. The National Weather Service in Honolulu has extended the flood advisory for Kauai until 5:30 p.m.
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a flood advisory for Kauai until 2:30 p.m.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
At 11:34 a.m., radar indicated heavy rain over central and southeastern portions of Kauai.
Rain was falling at a rate of one to two inches per hour.
Locations in the advisory include but are not limited to Lihue, Kapaa, Kalaheo, Kekaha, Princeville, Kilauea, North Fork Wailua Trails, Lawai, Omao, Kokee State Park, Wailua Homesteads, Hanalei, Hanapepe, Wainiha, Na Pali State Park, Koloa, Haena, Waimea, Wailua and Poipu.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Newsfeed Now: US COVID-19 cases top 14M; Justin Timberlake helps family in need
- Social Scene: Staying positive in 2020
- WATCH: Fireball lights up sky; New York residents report sightings
- Stimulus checks? Here’s a breakdown of what’s in the $908 billion bipartisan economic plan
- BWS crews responding to water main break in Moanalua Valley