Video courtesy Jaedan Kaluau-Galiza
A single engine Cessna flipped near the Kahului Airport runway. The Department of Transportation said the pilot was transported with non-life threatening injuries. Flight are impacted and passengers are advised to check with their airlines about flight status.
The DOT tweeted shortly around 10:30 a.m. that they were going to right and remove the flipped plane. The process, they said, would take approximately 45 minutes. Flights are still impacted and passengers are advised to check flight status with their airline.
- Cool trade wind weather prevails over the islands
- UH athletics shifting focus to hosting fans in the fall, fan attendance during spring ‘does not look likely’
- Fundraising begins as ‘Bows inaugural season at home nears $6.2 million price tag
- Price to pay: Increase price for goods sets up challenges for Hawaii restaurants and retailers
- Honolulu mayor honors the ‘headset heroes’ during National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week