Fireworks go off in teenager’s hand, suffers serious injury in Makakilo

Local News
oahu generic island graphic

HONOLULU (KHON2) — A teenager was sent to an emergency room after an incident that involved fireworks.

According to Emergency Medical Services, they responded to Awawa Street in Makakilo on Wednesday, January 1, around 12:38 a.m.

EMS said that a 17-year-old boy was apparently holding a type of firework when it went off in his hand. The boy suffered a serious hand injury and was given advanced life support by EMS.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories