Aala Street fire caused by stove left on

Local News

UPDATE 12/31/19: KHON2 has learned what caused a two-alarm building fire in downtown Honolulu Monday night.

It happened just before 6:30 p.m. at the Kalanihunia Building on Aala street.

Officials say it was an accidental fire caused by food cooking on a stove that was left on.

No one was in the unit at the time and no one was injured.

Damage is estimated at $190,000.

December 30, 2019
HONOLULU (KHON2) — Fire crews put a fire out on Aala Street in an apartment building.

It happened around 6:30 p.m. Monday.

The fire was extinguished before 7 p.m.

Police say no one was home at the time.

Stay with KHON2 and KHON2.com for details.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.