HONOLULU (KHON2) — Thirty-eight firefighters responded to a building fire on Iolani Avenue on Wednesday morning, Sept. 16.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
When responders arrived on the scene at 8:19 a.m. they found a two-story residential structure on fire. Light smoke was coming from the second floor and neighbors were trying to put out the fire with garden hoses.
Firefighters took over the scene and worked on suppressing the flames to prevent the fire from further spreading. It was later extinguished just after 9:30 a.m.
During the fire, firefighters rescued two people who suffered injuries from smoke inhalation. Both of the victims refused transport to the hospital.
The fire remains under investigation.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Light trades will eventually be replaced with variables
- The fate of Dillingham Airfield is still in the air
- USS Arizona Memorial will resume tours on Sept. 28
- Potential COVID-19 vaccine being developed at UH
- Former UH basketball star, Heat assistant Anthony Carter headed to NBA Finals as Miami claims Eastern Conference Championship