AIEA, Hawaii (KHON2) — A house fire in Aiea was extinguished on Friday, Sept. 11, around 2:44 p.m.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
According to the Honolulu Fire Department, firefighters were called to a scene on Kahilinai Place around 1:38 p.m. When they arrived, crews found a two-story house that was 50 percent engulfed in fire. Residents were reportedly trying to put it out.
Firefighters worked on suppressing the flames to prevent the fire from spreading. It was later extinguished.
A single-family of eight, six adults and two children, were affected by the incident and are being helped by the American Red Cross. No one was injured.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Fire damage estimates are also not available at this time.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Potential heavy showers trigger flash flood watch for Maui and Hawaii Island
- Lawmakers and police encourage people to be aware of surroundings in light of recent crimes
- UH study finds seafood like mahi-mahi mislabeled in Honolulu
- Raising Cane’s opens fourth location at Ala Moana Center food court
- Kapolei stabbing victim feeling okay, suspect charged with second degree attempted murder