Honolulu firefighters responded to a two-alarm fire on Farrington Highway in Makaha Friday morning.
The first HFD unit arrived at 11:06 a.m. to find smoke and flames emanating from a two-story family home.
The fire was brought under control by 11:08 a.m. and fully extinguished by 11:19 a.m.
Officials say eight people were home when the fire broke out. All were able to safely escape. The American Red Cross has been dispatched to assist them.
The fire was confined to the kitchen and was reported to have been caused by unattended cooking.
Damage was estimated at $100,000.