HONOLULU (KHON2) — A pole was knocked down after a garbage truck hit it.
It happened just after 12 noon on Monday, Sept. 13 in the Barber’s Point area.
The Honolulu Fire Department was called to a building fire on Malakole Street and Kaiholo Street in Kapolei.
Utility lines were brought down that sparked the fire to a property in the area that does boat repairs.
The fire was out about a half an hour later.
HECO said the pole needs to be replaced, and 60 customers had their power knocked out.
A Hawaiian Telcom representative confirmed that their lines were impacted but did not say if any customers were impacted.
Check out what’s going on around the nation on our National News page
A Spectrum representative confirmed their customers were not impacted.