HONOLULU (KHON2) — The HFD is implementing its new online firecracker permit application system for consumer convenience.
The system will only work on Google Chrome and is available through the HFD’s website, according to the fire department.
The section “HFD Firecrackers E-Permits,” will allow the purchase of single or multiple firecracker permits for permitted holidays and events. Instructions for completing the application and purchasing and picking up permits are found on the website.
On Oahu, a permit is nontransferable and required to purchase firecrackers, and the fee
is nonrefundable. Firecrackers must be purchased from licensed retailers no earlier
than five days prior to its use.
Retail licenses shall be prominently displayed in the
public’s view and secured at the location for which the license has been issued.
Licensed retailers shall not sell more than 5,000 individual firecracker pieces per permit.
Individuals who purchase firecracker permits are reminded that obtaining a permit does
not guarantee the availability of firecrackers for purchase, as firecracker inventories are
determined by the vendors.
“We hope people will respect the fireworks ordinance and understand the dangers
associated with firecracker use. While the number of fireworks-related injuries on Oahu is
typically lower than elsewhere in the nation, even a single incident is one too many
because it causes suffering which is preventable,” said Fire Chief Manuel P. Neves.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Las Vegas woman who received ashes learns dog was not cremated, but still sitting in freezer
- Supreme Court refuses to revive Alabama’s GOP-drawn congressional map
- ‘Probably Haunted’: Sign outside Massachusetts property makes mysterious claim
- Must-see video shows sharks swimming near fisherman: ‘The guy fishing has no idea’
- ‘It’s just devastating’: Families in shock after train hits vehicle, killing 6