HONOLULU (KHON2) — Firefighters extinguished a two-alarm fire in the Kapahulu area on February 17 around 1:10 p.m.
According to the Honolulu Fire Department, the fire broke out at a home located at an address on Date Street near Olokele Street.
Video courtesy Theresa Strange
The fire department responded to the scene with 10 units, which prompted the closure of Date Street between Laau and Kapiolani Boulevard. Upon arrival, responders found the structure engulfed in black smoke and flames.
The owner of the home said the structure was vacant and that there were no occupants.
Firefighters worked to put out the fire, which was brought under control around 1:30 p.m. Nearby buildings were evacuated as a safety precaution and a nearby building had some slight damage due to heat exposure.
As for the house, officials say that while the structure is standing, they consider it to be a “total loss.”
Authorities said that no one was hurt in this incident and that the cause of the fire will be investigated
- Video shows Disney raising American flag inside empty Magic Kingdom
- New York City deaths top 1,000 with worst to come
- Social Scene: What’s Cooking?
- Light winds, with afternoon clouds and showers
- NFL teams rely on tape with virus altering pre-draft routine