Fire causes nearly $6 million in damage at luxury retailer in Ala Moana

Local News

A fire at Ala Moana Center Friday afternoon caused millions of dollars in damage.

Officials say the fire started at around 12:24 p.m. and was sparked by a malfunctioning fluorescent light fixture at the luxury retailer Bottega Veneta.

Four employees were inside at the time and used a fire extinguisher to fight the fire. Security personnel quickly assisted with more fire extinguishers.

According to Emergency Medical Services, a 33-year-old woman and a 54-year-old man were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

Officials say the fire itself was small, with most of the damage caused by smoke and fire extinguisher use.

Damage was estimated at $2,000 to the structure and $5,731,000 to its contents.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories