HONOLULU (KHON2) — A fifth man has been arrested and charged with multiple offenses in connection with Hawaii County’s “Operation Keiki Shield” operation, which focuses on internet-facilitated sex crimes against minors.
On Friday, Marshall Baji, 31, of Naalehu, was arrested on a Grand Jury Indictment warrant.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Baji is charged with the following offenses:
- Electronic Enticement of Child in the First Degree
- Attempted Promoting Pornography for Minors
- Attempted Promoting Minor-Produced Sexual Images in the First Degree
- Promoting a Dangerous Drug in the Third Degree (methamphetamine)
- Promoting a Detrimental Drug in the Third Degree (marijuana)
- Prohibited Acts Related to Drug Paraphernalia
- Possessing a Loaded Firearm on a Public Highway (a 12 gauge shotgun)
- Place to Keep Ammunition
- Permit to Acquire
- Registration Mandatory
Baji remains in custody in lieu of $143,000 bail and is scheduled to make his initial appearance in Hilo Circuit Court on Monday.
Anyone with information on this case should assist local law enforcement and call CrimeStoppers at (808) 961-8300 in East Hawaii or (808) 329-8181 in West Hawaii.