KAILUA, Hawaii (KHON2) — A man and his children were taken safely to shore on Saturday afternoon after their catamaran flipped over off of Lanikai Beach.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
According to Honolulu Ocean Safety, the incident took place 500 yards offshore around 5:30 p.m.
A bystander took the children to the beach while lifeguards brought the man and the catamaran to shore.
None of them required medical assistance.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Heavy rain possible for Kauai and Oahu through Friday
- Mayor Caldwell looks to boost COVID enforcement, which state auditor finds insufficient
- Hotels seek more communication with counties as they work to increase information flow to visitors
- Honoring Princess Ka’iulani with Cleghorn St.
- Kamehameha Highway repaving set for early 2021