KEAAU, Hawaii (KHON2) — Exactly one year ago today, Hawaii Island Humane Society staffers found a young, chocolate colored dog in one of their night drop cages. She was nicknamed Coco. Staff quickly learned that she was shy, shut down, and terrified. However, Coco overcame her unknown past circumstances to become a lovable favorite at the shelter.
Over this past year, while in the care of foster moms Deb and Beth, it was discovered that Coco is the perfect foster sister to other dogs in need, including Angel, the ever adorable Kia Ora, and fan favorite, Moto. She became best friends with each and every one, helping them feel at ease. Now it’s time for Coco to find her best friend. If you’re interested in giving Coco her happy ever after, visit the Hawaii Island Humane Society’s website.
- Flash flood watch in place for all islands through Tuesday
- East Honolulu residents call Monday flood similar to 2018
- Maui woman dies after car swerves off cliff on Kahekili Highway
- CVS completes first round of COVID-19 vaccines at Hawaii’s long-term care facilities
- Gov. Ige pushes for more investment in digital technology