Toxoplasmosis is one of the leading sources of mortality for the endangered Hawaiian monk seal. It is spread in the feces of cats.
Officials from NOAA want the public to know that if cats were kept indoors, toxoplasmosis would not spread through the landscape and kill monk seals and other native species.
- ENV will conduct a smoke test on a portion of the wastewater collection system in Kaneohe
- Haitian migrants brought over from Del Rio, Texas being released to El Paso shelter
- Sept. 24: Fall sports season begins today; A new mural pops up honoring the late Congresswoman Patsy Mink
- Passing clouds and showers are expected this weekend
- Wedding industry workers rally at State Capitol to bring weddings back amid mandates