PAHOA, Hawaii (KHON2) — On the Big Island residents in the Hawaiian Paradise Park subdivison got a rude awakening Monday morning.
Hawaii’s Weather Station–Visit KHON’s storm preparation page here.
A runaway siren was reported around 6:30 a.m. near Makuu Drive and 6th Avenue.
Civil defense officials say the siren malfunctioned, and there was no threat.
Personnel are inspecting what caused it to go off.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Kahuku’s Punahele Soriano improves to 8-0 with first-round TKO on Fight Island
- Man in serious condition after a gunshot wound in Honolulu
- High surf warning in effect until 6 a.m. Sunday, surf will be 40 to 50 feet along north facing shores
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- Heavy rain possible for the islands starting late Sunday