PAHOA, Hawaii (KHON2) — On the Big Island residents in the Hawaiian Paradise Park subdivison got a rude awakening Monday morning.
Hawaii’s Weather Station–Visit KHON’s storm preparation page here.
A runaway siren was reported around 6:30 a.m. near Makuu Drive and 6th Avenue.
Civil defense officials say the siren malfunctioned, and there was no threat.
Personnel are inspecting what caused it to go off.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Rainbow Drive-In is heading to Waipahu
- Visitor hospitalized, tests positive for COVID-19 on Kauai
- Mikey Rounds Up This Weekend’s Fun Halloween Events!
- Homestead exemption status amended for Kauai residents
- Elevate & Celebrate Halloween with These Home Tips