The Office of Elections is looking for Oahu residents to volunteer in assisting at the General Election on November 6.
Over 300 volunteers are needed to work at polling places in Aiea, Kalihi, East Honolulu, Kaneohe, and North Shore areas.
These volunteers assist voters to check in, issue ballots, and answer questions.
On Election Day, each polling place is supported by a team of 7 to 15 volunteers. More than 1,800 volunteers work at 144 polling places.
Volunteers are also needed to transport election supplies to and from the polling places and assist with inquiries at the control center.
The qualifications to volunteer are:
- 16-years-old by June 30, 2018
- Registered to vote in Hawaii
- Able to read and write English
- Attend a training
Precinct Official Training Dates:
- October 17, Mililani Middle School, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- October 18, Kapalama Elementary School, 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- October 20, Heeia Elementary School, 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- October 24, Sunset Beach Elementary School, 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Interested individuals can find more information by clicking here.