HONOLUU (KHON2) — A new store aimed at reducing waste opened on Saturday, Dec. 12 in Kaimuki. “Keep It Simple” carries items such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, laundry detergent, toothpaste and even bug spray.
Customers can bring their own container to fill or they can purchase a reusable container at the store.
The idea came from two roommates who were looking for plastic-free items but could not find them on the island.
The owner of the environmentally-friendly store says she hopes to make an impact on the plastic waste in and around Oahu’s oceans and beaches.
“Keep It Simple” is open daily from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and is located on Waialae Avenue next to the restaurant “To Thai For.”
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Backup QBs have seen plenty of action in NFL playoffs
- Heavy rain possible through late Wednesday, flash flood watch issued for all islands
- Maui stores prepare to cut down on customers as new Maui rules start Tuesday
- Aloha Home Market donates proceeds to charity
- A year after tragic Diamond Head shooting, families of fallen officers Enriquez and Kalama still mourn