HONOLULU (KHON2) — This is the year of the Rat. Celebrations for Chinese New Year’s have already started.
One of the highlights of the celebrations is the doggie costume contest held at the Chinatown Cultural Plaza on Saturday, January 18 at 10 a.m.
There is entertainment, food, cultural exhibits, and lion dances at the Chinatown Cultural Plaza on Saturday, January 18 from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. to celebrate the Year of the Rat.
The winner of the doggie contest is a 15-year-old Yorkshire Terrier named Nicolas. He was dressed as a rat for the Year of the Rat. His costume included the Chinese Cultural Plaza. (Photo below.)
- Vietnam veteran, retired U.S. Marine Corps Lt. Gen. Henry “Hank” Stackpole has died
- An uptick in showers to start the new work week
- Hawaii’s Most Wanted: Roy Kiyabu
- May 29: Over 1,000 people continue to land in the state
- Shirokiya extends business closure until the end of August