HONOLULU (KHON2) — Those trying to get their real ID compliant driver’s license or state ID online are being asked to be patient.
The city says a surge of online traffic on Monday caused their website to crash.
So the city is urging residents to wait a day or two before trying again.
The online service is offered to those who renewed their license or ID between May 2014 and January 2018.
It’ll cost $7 and you can’t make any changes.
Once you apply, it’ll take up to eight weeks to receive your new license or ID.
The deadline to get a new one is October 1.
You’ll need it to fly around the country as well as access federal facilities.
- Biles is back! Simone set to return to competition for balance beam final
- Nine months after suffering torn ACL, Hawaii’s Eugene Ford is ‘fired up’ ahead of season opener at UCLA in three weeks
- HSTA holds news conference in response to state’s back-to-school safety plan
- Roosevelt graduate, athlete excited to represent US for karate’s debut in Olympics
- ‘Bows assistant Moeakiola leaves program, veteran coach and former UH defensive back Kim McCloud will serve as interim cornerbacks coach