HONOLULU (KHON2) — Those trying to get their real ID compliant driver’s license or state ID online are being asked to be patient.
The city says a surge of online traffic on Monday caused their website to crash.
So the city is urging residents to wait a day or two before trying again.
The online service is offered to those who renewed their license or ID between May 2014 and January 2018.
It’ll cost $7 and you can’t make any changes.
Once you apply, it’ll take up to eight weeks to receive your new license or ID.
The deadline to get a new one is October 1.
You’ll need it to fly around the country as well as access federal facilities.
- Punahou School fires teacher after sexual abuse allegations
- Limited dine-in capacity and flower shortage expected this Valentine’s Day
- Labor unions push lawmakers to drop GET on groceries
- Teacher vaccinations slowed by vaccine shortage, educators unsure about the process
- Lt. Gov. Green: We’ve given more vaccines than we’ve had cases