In this KHON2 Digital Exclusive, we hear from local leaders and legal experts about the increase of sex trafficking during the coronavirus pandemic in Hawaii.
Topics include the overview of sex trafficking, risk factors, impact on exploitation and trafficking from the pandemic, and online threats.
This Zoom Panel is moderated by Dallis Ontiveros from WakeUp2Day and is joined by:
- Hawaii Lieutenant Governor, Josh Green
- Farshad Talebi, Deputy Attorney General and State Human Trafficking Coordinator
- Lucy Cabral- DeArmas, Acting Special Agent in Charge of Homeland Security Investigations in Hawaii
- Jessica Munoz, Founder and President of Ho`ōla Nā Pua
- Mea Spady, Director of Advancement of Ho`ōla Nā Pua
- Hawaii County to end coronavirus district testing program
- Taco Bell awards $10K scholarship to Waianae employee in nursing school
- Las Vegas Strip rules to end for vaccinated beginning June 1
- Cuban asylum-seeker shot dead on Juarez strip days shy of being allowed to enter U.S.
- Maui police to step up sobriety checkpoints during graduation, Memorial Day celebrations
IN DANGER, NEED HELP, OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO DOES?
The State of Hawaii Department of Human Services Child Trafficking (Child Welfare Services)
Hotline at 808.832.1999 (Oahu) or 888.398.1188 (Neighbor Islands)
Call or Text the Ho’ola Na Pua Helpline for Support, Care Coordination, or to make a Referral. 808.435.9555 (24/7)
The National Human Trafficking Hotline: 888.373.7888
For more information visit: www.hoolanapua.org