HONOLULU (KHON2) — Due to a rock slide, Honolulu police were forced to close Diamond Head Road for about four and a half hours.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
It happened Saturday around 11 p.m. near the lighthouse. Police closed both lanes of traffic and turned cars around at the ewa side of the lookout and at Makalei Place.
Crews cleared the debris and reopened the road around 3:40 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 11.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- New storm looks approach west end by Monday evening
- Hawaii elections office begins processing ballots
- Mute button was a welcomed change in final presidential debate, political analyst says
- Local artists set off to beautify traffic boxes from Nanakuli to Makaha
- 42-year-old man arrested in connection to Waikiki robbery case