HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands is moving forward with its Moiliili affordable rental project.
Department officials announced on Wednesday, Sept. 23, that they selected developer Standford Carr to redevelop the old Bowl-O-Drome site on Isenberg Street.
The old bowling alley shut its doors in 2004 and up until 2017, a tow company was leasing the land to store its vehicles.
The proposed project includes a 210-foot, 23-story high-rise that will consist of 270 units: 23 studios, 23 one-bedrooms, 201 two-bedrooms, 23 three-bedrooms and seven three-bedroom townhouses.
Rent will range from $633 to $3,100.
There will also be parking and retail space.
This is the first high-rise project for the department. It’s expected to be completed in mid-2024.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Sunshine, windward showers and trade winds through this weekend
- City hires consultant to address lead concerns and updates at Koko Head Shooting Complex
- Big Island businesses booming due to Mauna Loa eruption
- Rainbow Wahine Volleyball opens NCAA Tournament with LSU on Friday
- Pele and Poliʻahu, the battle between fire and snow