HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands is moving forward with its Moiliili affordable rental project.
Department officials announced on Wednesday, Sept. 23, that they selected developer Standford Carr to redevelop the old Bowl-O-Drome site on Isenberg Street.
The old bowling alley shut its doors in 2004 and up until 2017, a tow company was leasing the land to store its vehicles.
The proposed project includes a 210-foot, 23-story high-rise that will consist of 270 units: 23 studios, 23 one-bedrooms, 201 two-bedrooms, 23 three-bedrooms and seven three-bedroom townhouses.
Rent will range from $633 to $3,100.
There will also be parking and retail space.
This is the first high-rise project for the department. It’s expected to be completed in mid-2024.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Shark bites snorkeler in leg in waters off Kaanapali Beach
- Jan. 22: A new COVID-19 vaccine is in the works, which would only require one dose
- Kapiolani Medical Center nurses ratify three-year agreement
- Strong and gusty trade winds expected for the weekend
- Newsfeed Now: Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill; Texas group prepares Biden lawsuits