HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands got the green light to purchase two vacant apartment buildings in Moiliili from Kamehameha Schools.
The buildings on Isenberg and Coolidge streets will be rehabilitated and transformed into affordable rentals for applicants on the wait list.
The area has been a haven for squatters and illegal activity.
DHHL’s long-term plans are to develop a high rise on the property.
It also plans to build a high rise at the former Bowl-O-Drome location across the street. A developer for that project will be announced soon.
- Japan to close schools nationwide to control spread of virus
- Social Scene: The Truth about Expensive Cars
- Sunshine and breezy conditions continue Thursday, with changes coming into the weekend
- Two men hospitalized following a head-on crash on Moanalua Freeway
- Stronger winds and heavy rain expected this weekend