HONOLULU (KHON2) — Police are investigating a crash that was intentionally caused on the H-1 Freeway on Oct. 2.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
According to the Honolulu Police Department, the crash was caused by a vehicle operator who intentionally swerved into a lane that was occupied by three motorcycles. It happened around 9 p.m. near the Ward Avenue overpass.
All three motorcyclists were thrown from their motorcycles. Paramedics transported one to Queen’s Medical Center in serious condition.
As for the vehicle that reportedly caused the incident, authorities said that the driver did not remain on the scene and continued west on the freeway.
Police temporarily closed three westbound lanes of the freeway following the crash. They later reopened the three lanes after they cleared the scene.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Large surf and sunshine for the islands through Thursday
- Holiday shipping deadlines are here, send your gifts on time
- UK authorizes Pfizer vaccine for emergency use
- Lifeguards to have extended hours in new “Dawn to Dusk” program launching in July
- Farrington High students design christmas ornaments for Hawaii tree in nation’s capitol