HILO, Hawaii (KHON2) — All county and state beach parks on Hawaii Island will reopen on Thursday, Oct. 1, at 7 a.m.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
County officials reported that beachgoers will have to wear a face mask and social distance from one another. Groups cannot exceed 10 people.
As for sports training, competitive play and pickup play, those will be allowed if those conditions are met.
Camping is still not allowed, county officials said.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Coronavirus: DOH reports 91 new cases, with 2 additional fatalities
- As Senate weighs COVID-19 relief, AP reports White House tried to control CDC pandemic messaging
- WATCH LIVE: Mayor Caldwell discusses ballot drop boxes and in-person voting
- Time running out to reach COVID-19 relief deal before election
- DOJ files antitrust lawsuit against Google