HONOLULU (KHON2) — Costco announced on Wednesday, Jan. 13, that it will be closing the photo department in all locations on Sunday, Feb. 14. Customers are asked to pick up any remaining in-store orders at their local Costco location by Sunday, March 28.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
In a statement to customers, the wholesale company said:
“Since the introduction of camera phones and social media, the need for printing photos has steeply declined, even though the number of pictures taken continues to grow. After careful consideration, we have determined the continued decline of prints no longer requires on-site photo printing.”Costco Photo Center Statement on Wednesday, Jan. 13.
Costco will also be canceling services such as home movie video transfers, passport photos, photo restorations and ink cartridge refills after Sunday, Feb. 14.
Costco will still offer online photo services via the Costco Photo Center website after the in-store departments close.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Student heckled while speaking about grandmother’s COVID death now has reason to celebrate
- Biden makes pitch to raise taxes on corporations, wealthiest people
- Financial Assistance Available for Lessees on Hawaiian Home Lands
- AAA Hawaii: Honolulu Average Gas Price Drops Below $4
- State Creates New Ads to Address Teen Vaping