KEALAKEHE, Hawaii (KHON2) — The state Department of Hawaiian Home Lands has broken ground on the construction of 60 homes in the Villages of Lai Opua in Kealakehe on the Big Island.
Hawaii’s Weather Station–Visit KHON’s storm preparation page here.
This is the department’s second rent-with-option-to-buy project.
The first one is in Kapolei on Oahu.
The first homes are expected to be completed in the middle of next year.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- This is the biggest contagion spot for COVID-19 in airports
- Hawaii reports 105 Coronavirus cases, 1 new death
- UHERO: Economic conditions in Hawaii improve as COVID-19 vaccine rates rise
- Honolulu Hale to be lit in light blue to honor Emergency Medical Services
- Hawaii softball closes season with doubleheader split against UC Davis