KEALAKEHE, Hawaii (KHON2) — The state Department of Hawaiian Home Lands has broken ground on the construction of 60 homes in the Villages of Lai Opua in Kealakehe on the Big Island.
Hawaii’s Weather Station–Visit KHON’s storm preparation page here.
This is the department’s second rent-with-option-to-buy project.
The first one is in Kapolei on Oahu.
The first homes are expected to be completed in the middle of next year.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Strong winds forecast for the islands through early next week
- Flu cases down amid COVID-19, doctors warn it could come back worse next year
- Ala Wai flood project more expensive than expected
- Hawaii women’s basketball wins conference home opener over Cal State Fullerton
- Police close Kaukonahua Road following critical traffic accident