KEALAKEHE, Hawaii (KHON2) — The state Department of Hawaiian Home Lands has broken ground on the construction of 60 homes in the Villages of Lai Opua in Kealakehe on the Big Island.
Are you ready for hurricane season, find local resources and preparation advice here
This is the department’s second rent-with-option-to-buy project.
The first one is in Kapolei on Oahu.
The first homes are expected to be completed in the middle of next year.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Sunshine, windward showers and trade winds through this weekend
- City hires consultant to address lead concerns and updates at Koko Head Shooting Complex
- Big Island businesses booming due to Mauna Loa eruption
- Rainbow Wahine Volleyball opens NCAA Tournament with LSU on Friday
- Pele and Poliʻahu, the battle between fire and snow