HONOLULU (KHON2) — An apparent compromise between the city and a group fighting to save the area known as Sherwoods in Waimanalo.
The group Save Our Sherwoods says it’s submitting a resolution to the city and county that calls for making the space into a cultural and historical park.
Initially, the city wanted to turn it into the sports complex but Monday evening, city officials say they were pleased to work together with community members to come up with the resolution.
Under the new proposal, the four-acre site would include native Hawaiian trees and irrigation.
It would also have a new name Hunananiho.
- Community, family and friends remember Officer Tiffany Victoria Enriquez
- Road to the Grammys: Red Carpet Glam Hair Secrets with Crystal Pancipanci
- Road to the Grammys: 2-Time Grammy Winner Kalani Pea Talks Over Tea with Tannya
- Johnny A plays Solo Show at Blue Note
- Former astronaut Buzz Aldrin turns 90