HONOLULU (KHON2) — City Council member Ann Kobayashi introduced Colleen Hanabusa as a candidate for Honolulu Mayor.
This happened at Hanabusa’s campaign headquarters in Kalihi on Saturday morning.
Hanabusa was in the US Congress in the House of Representatives from 2016 – 2019. She served in the Hawaii state legislature in the House of Representatives from 1999-2010 with the last part of her term as president of the House.
Other candidates running for Honolulu Mayor include City Council member Kym Pine, Honolulu businessman Keith Amemiya, and former general manager of Hawaii News Now Rick Blangiardi.
- New Biden order extends freeze on evictions until March, helps thousands of Hawaii residents
- State lawmakers tackle massive budget deficit as session begins
- Congressional leaders said inauguration sent unifying message despite unprecedented security
- Makua Rothman hopes epic ride at Jaws could not only challenge world record but prove that ‘if you believe, you can achieve’
- Hawaii National Guard performs security operations in Washington D.C.