HONOLULU (KHON2) — City Council member Ann Kobayashi introduced Colleen Hanabusa as a candidate for Honolulu Mayor.
This happened at Hanabusa’s campaign headquarters in Kalihi on Saturday morning.
Hanabusa was in the US Congress in the House of Representatives from 2016 – 2019. She served in the Hawaii state legislature in the House of Representatives from 1999-2010 with the last part of her term as president of the House.
Other candidates running for Honolulu Mayor include City Council member Kym Pine, Honolulu businessman Keith Amemiya, and former general manager of Hawaii News Now Rick Blangiardi.
- Showers ramping up through 4th of July, drier conditions return Sunday
- State epidemiologist says COVID-19 battle is still not over
- Ocean Safety: Kite surfer, swimmers in distress, toddler on floaty blown out to ocean
- Hawaii incoming visitor count highest since quarantine began
- The New Normal: Vet clinics adjust operations amid the pandemic