Flooding in Waimea Bay, Kauai. Video courtesy Davin Duarte
KAUAI (KHON2) – The County of Kauai is announcing the following closures while the flash flood warning continues for Kauai on Tuesday:
- The Kekaha Landfill is closed
- All Refuse Transfer Stations are closed until further notice
- The County Spring Fun program in Hanapepe is canceled
- Residential refuse collection will continue for as long as it is safe to do so
- Kuhio Highway near the Hanalei Bridge remains closed due to flooding until further notice
- The Department of Water has issued a water conservation notice for Wainiha-Hāena until further notice.
- KIUC is currently troubleshooting spotted power outages across the island.
The Kauai Police Department is also reporting heavy ponding and low visibility on roadways. If you must drive, please drive with caution.
- Hawaii Health & Harm Reduction Center
- Honoka Katayama Returns to Performing With Upcoming Virtual Concert
- Honolulu building inspector pleads not guilty in bribe case
- STD cases at ‘all-time high’ for sixth consecutive year, CDC says
- New $3,000 child tax credit: Payments to start in July – see if you’re eligible