HONOLULU (KHON2) — Ala Moana Beach Park might look a little different in the coming months.
That’s because the city is replacing the exterior park lights to LED’s.
This goes for the park’s roads, walkways, parking lots and tennis courts.
The city says the new LED’s use 60 percent less energy, and will save $80,000 a year.
The work will be done at night and should be finished by the summer.
- Light and variable winds returning to the islands by Sunday
- More hotels announce reopening plans as pre-travel testing program start nears
- Oahu reopens under tier 1 for at least a month
- For this kupuna restaurant owner, it’s a family affair
- Disney Aulani to start phased reopening on Nov. 1