HONOLULU (KHON2) — Ala Moana Beach Park might look a little different in the coming months.
That’s because the city is replacing the exterior park lights to LED’s.
This goes for the park’s roads, walkways, parking lots and tennis courts.
The city says the new LED’s use 60 percent less energy, and will save $80,000 a year.
The work will be done at night and should be finished by the summer.
- Fallen pole prompts closure of Waianae Valley Rd.
- Hawaiian Telcom power failure caused TV service outage on Oahu
- Video shows UPS driver brought to tears when entire town surprises him with thank you party
- Several Hawaii Island beach parks closed as precautionary measure
- Hawaii health officials report 6 cases of COVID-19 variant B.1.1.7