HONOLULU (KHON2) — The City and County of Honolulu presented an honorary certificate to the developer of an affordable housing project in the Ala Moana area on Nov. 15.
The honors went to Samkoo Pacific, LLC for their recently completed Kapiolani Residence, a 484-unit condominium at 1631 Kapiolani Blvd.
The 45-story building won Samkoo Pacific and its President Timothy Yi the 2020 Grand Prix of Real Estate Award.
Yi says that his project can act as an architectural beacon for the rest of the world.
The project contains studios, including one-, two- and three-bedroom fee simple units. A total of 262 units are designated as affordable and are reserved for qualified Hawaii residents.
Affordable unit prices start at $272,000, and 192 units are market-priced.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Hyundai recalls thousands of cars over exploding seat belt tighteners
- Five takeaways from primaries in Georgia, Alabama and beyond
- Neighbors, town leaders share what spirit of Speedway is all about
- Dutch Bros. responds after deaf customer finds rude message on receipt: ‘Unacceptable’
- Families mourn, worry as victims begin to be identified in wake of elementary school shooting