HONOLULU (KHON2) — City and County of Honolulu offices will be closed on Friday, June 11, to observe the King Kamehameha Day holiday.
Several City services will also be affected on Friday.
The holiday schedule for the City and County of Honolulu operations is as follows:
- Emergency medical services, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a state holiday schedule. Click here for route and schedule information.
- Refuse will be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill are open. Click here for more information.
- Parks and botanical gardens, municipal golf courses and the Honolulu Zoo remain open.
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed and the People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All public libraries will be closed.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing centers will be closed.
The following traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- Motorists are cautioned that parking will be restricted in Lanikai over the three-day holiday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapiolani Park, metered parking lots and meters on specific Waikiki streets. For a full list of the affected Waikiki streets click here.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.