HONOLULU (KHON2) — We want to recognize a special Kupuna named Sumi Yasui who just turned 105-years-old.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
She was born back in 1915 at the Waialua Camp Mill number 9. Sumi and her late husband Freddie have 2 children, 4 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren.
Happy birthday from your ohana and from all of us here at Wake Up 2day.
Don’t forget if you’d like to recognize a loved one just click here.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Reusable takeout container pilot program launching in May at select restaurants
- Coronavirus vaccine clinic planned in Wai‘anae
- Washington DC one step closer to becoming a state as House passes bill
- Biden aims to slow climate change, grow jobs with new initiative
- Expedition hauls tons of plastic out of remote Hawaii atolls