HONOLULU (KHON2) — We want to recognize a special Kupuna named Shigeru Awakuno who just turned 101-years-old.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
His daily routine includes exercising on his stationary bike and lifting weights. He loves shrimp tempura and sushi and likes to sing, and watch Korean dramas.
Happy birthday from your ohana and from all of us here at Wake Up 2day.
Don’t forget if you’d like to recognize a loved one just click here.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Tropical moisture to drift over the islands, potential heavy showers
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion
- Hawaii Nature Center celebrates 40th anniversary with keiki expedition
- UH women’s basketball handles CSUF to complete sweep
- Swimmer drowns in Lekeleke Bay on Hawaii Island