KEAAU, Hawaii (KHON2) — A structure fire was extinguished in the Keaau area of the Big Island on Saturday, July 11, just after 10 a.m.
According to the Hawaii County Fire Department, 13 firefighters and four volunteers responded to a reported structure fire on Lehua Street, Mountain View. Upon arrival, crews found the front gate locked with smoking coming from the residence. Responders had to force entry to gain access to the property.
Firefighters found a fire confined to the porch of the structure and the room adjacent to it. The fire was contained and shortly extinguished after.
The fire did not prompt any road closures, and no one was injured.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Library launches digital collection for 75th Anniversary of the end of World War II
- Hawaii’s Jordan Yamamoto will join Miami’s 30-man roster on Tuesday when Marlins return from COVID-19 outbreak
- U.S. Coast Guard in multi-agency effort rescue three boaters in Micronesia
- Restrictions return for Honolulu parks following record breaking COVID-19 cases
- TheBus confirms driver tested positive for COVID-19