KAPOLEI, Hawaii (KHON2) — Smoke could be seen for miles from a fire in the Kapolei area on Saturday, Sept. 19.
Just before noon, Honolulu firefighters responded to a fire that involved multiple vehicles at Family Towing, which is located at 91-222 Olai Street, according to the Honolulu Fire Department.
Responders worked to suppress the flames to prevent it from spreading. Crews were able to get access to the fire from the Hawaii Gas industrial yard.
Eventually, the fire was extinguished just after 3:30 p.m.
The cause of the fire has not been determined and there were no injuries reported for this incident.
The fire prompted the temporary road closure from Olai Street between Kaleloa Boulevard to Hanua Street.
- What lies ahead for the impeachment process against Trump?
- Blessing ceremony held at Hale O Meleana at St. Francis Kupuna Village on Oahu
- 70 month prison term for former government contractor who used bribery to secure Army contracts
- Registration begins Tuesday for virtual park activities
- DC takes ‘aggressive posture’ on security ahead of Inauguration Day