KAPOLEI, Hawaii (KHON2) — Smoke could be seen for miles from a fire in the Kapolei area on Saturday, Sept. 19.
Just before noon, Honolulu firefighters responded to a fire that involved multiple vehicles at Family Towing, which is located at 91-222 Olai Street, according to the Honolulu Fire Department.
Responders worked to suppress the flames to prevent it from spreading. Crews were able to get access to the fire from the Hawaii Gas industrial yard.
Eventually, the fire was extinguished just after 3:30 p.m.
The cause of the fire has not been determined and there were no injuries reported for this incident.
The fire prompted the temporary road closure from Olai Street between Kaleloa Boulevard to Hanua Street.
- Anne Heche ‘not expected to survive’ after car crash, rep says
- Florida teacher quits after staff removed posters of Black leaders
- New DOT rule could make air travel less hellish: How it could help you
- FBI agents found dozens of classified documents in Mar-a-Lago search: sources
- Trump calls for ‘immediate release’ of Mar-a-Lago search warrant, says lawyers won’t oppose DOJ move